Returning Officers' Handbook
Returning Officers' Handbook 2016-2019 (pdf) - this document has been updated for the 2016 Triennial Elections.
Returning Officers' Handbook - by Step
To facilitate easier access (within the Returning Officers' Handbook) we have broken the handbook down by Step, i.e. by clicking on the relevant Step below you will be able to view the content of that Step as a separate web page.
- Important Information for Returning Officers (before commencing duties)
- Step 1 (preparation for election process, and supporting information)
- Step 2 (election process countdown)
- Step 3 (preparing the electoral roll, and supporting information)
- Step 4 (calling for and accepting nominations, and supporting information)
- Step 5 (when an election is required, and supporting information)
- Step 6 (declaration of results)
- Student Elections
- Description of Forms and Appendices for all trustee elections
- Schedule 1 (Short Election Timetable)